Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gelato

Out of all the things I loved about Rome, the food I think wins.  I guess this isn't too surprising, good food holds an important place in my life.  But nonetheless, I am now a thin crust pizza fan.  I am also, like many others before me, a Gelato Convert.  


Don't get me wrong, I will always be a loyal UDF and Graeter's customer.  But I mean come on, how do you compete with real gelato?


We got gelato at least twice a day, sometimes three times.   The best place we found was Giolitti.  I find it hard to believe you could beat my combination:  Strawberry, Chocolate, and Hazelnut.  I don't even usually pick fruity flavors, but this strawberry tasted like you were eating strawberries.  I don't know how else to describe it.  The cream on top makes it.




I asked for a medium, I promise.  The first time I went in I got a small in a cup.  This was to be my last gelato in Rome so I had to go all out.  The guy at the counter, who had served me the day before, had told me a cone was better when I got a cup.  So I went with the chocolate dipped cone the second time around.  He was right.  It was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment