Friday, September 30, 2011

Life the way it's meant to be lived.


Hm. I knew I couldn't keep the frequent blogging up for long. Oh well.

The last few weeks have been great, as expected.
I loved the trip to scotland and northern england! Both
places were beautiful. I have never enjoyed hiking so much. With all the moving from hostel to hostel, it felt like camping. None of us seemed to bring enough clothes, so after the first 3 days we were all wearing dirty clothes that still smelled like the first hostel. But it was great. I kind of like getting to just go grunge because that is your only
option. Kind of like when I rocked the off-the-plane look my first few days in london. It's like most days you have the responsibility to actually "get ready" because you can, so it felt freeing to not feel that pressure.

One of my happiest moments from the trip was driving through the english countryside after visiting Chatsworth
(also known as pemberley) while watching Pride and Prejudice on the bus. It was pure bliss.


As fun as that trip was, it was nice to get back home to the London centre. Every day here is a new adventure, but not stressful. We have classes in the morning then usually the rest of the day to explore. Sometimes homework is thrown in there. Sometimes.


We've gone paddle boating,
seen "Wicked",
been to Cambridge (and went punting on the river!)


visited more museums,
toured St. Paul's cathedral (the stairs from Harry Potter!),

zumba,
Hung out with Taylor Lautner at the abduction premiere,
walked through Kew Gardens,
had some church activities,
seen "Much Ado About Nothing" at the Globe theatre,

toured Buckingham Palace (and seen Kate's dress!),

and have had delicious mexican food (where we were also brought 6 glasses of tequila, even after explaining that we don't drink,
and a free dessert platter for Fran's birthday (which is in october, but close enough...) even though we had already downed one. When we ordered the first platter, we asked the waiter if it would be enough for all of us and he replied, "I hope so." Well it wasn't.



It took us 3 minutes to eat the first platter, and 3 minutes to sing happy birthday and eat the second one. It was a great night.




I've become even more obsessed with food than I was before. This isn't good. Something is going to need to change. I don't really know how to explain it, because it isn't like the food here is really better than America. I think that is the problem. It is harder to find good food that doesn't cost too much, so we have become obsessed with finding it. Sadly McDonalds has become something close to a staple in our diets.

I need to exercise more. I wish zumba wasn't so expensive.


Arianna is getting bangs tomorrow. We are pumped for her.

View from St. Paul's cathedral

1 comment:

  1. I'm living vicariously through you. I wish I could do London study abroad all over again! So super fun!

    Can't believe you saw Kate's dress. Not that I'm obsessed with the royal wedding or anything.

    ReplyDelete